Thanksgiving 2017 is almost here and I’m thankful for my home. As I sit here writing this blog, I’m bundled up in my warm clothes and our fireplace is burning. Yesterday, Sunday and my day off from work, I had a blanket wrapped around me for most of the day. That’s because on Friday our heat stopped working and parts had to be ordered. We’ll have heat again tomorrow.
Charlotte has experienced some colder weather over the past couple of days, so my family has taken some extra steps to keep warm while we wait for our heat to be fixed. You know what, I’m thankful for the opportunity to live in a slightly less than comfortable environment for a couple days because it has helped my whole family to appreciate something so simple that we otherwise take for granted, something that not everyone has.
Yes, I am thankful for my home and all the comforts it provides. I’m also incredibly thankful to have the opportunity every day to help others buy, sell and be thankful for their homes here in Charlotte, North Carolina. I’m thankful for the clients that value my knowledge and experience and seek my help and I’m thankful for my team that honors our client’s loyalty by serving them to the very best of our abilities.
And finally, I am thankful for another fabulous year for the W Realty Group made through the success of our clients as they accomplish their real estate goals. The Charlotte market continues with strength as we head into the holidays. Below is a summary of the Charlotte/Mecklenburg County single family home stats when comparing October to the previous month and again to the same month last year:
- Home sales are down 11% from last month, but up 8% from last year.
- Average sales price is even with last month, but up 4% from last year.
- Median sales price is down 1% from last month, but up 4% from last year.
- Average price per square foot is even with last month, but up 7% from last year.
- Average time on market is down 3% from last month and down 13% from last year.
- Pending sales are down 5% from last month and down 8% from last year.
- Supply is down 7% from last month and down 12% from last year.
- Mortgage rates are at 3.9% which is up slightly from last month and up from 3.47% last year.
- Average house payment is up 1% from last month and up 10% from last year.
Thankful for some solid market stats! Happy Thanksgiving!